From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control Latronix UDS2100 Ethernet to RS485 using LabView

Hi LabView Gurus,

I have purchased this Ethernet to RS485 device to replace the USB -RS485 converters to have a more flexibility in terms of distance from the controller such as host computer/server. I can't detect the device from the MAX explorer, but the 3rd party software which comes with the device is properly working. I can configure the device in MAX in the web tab. but can't detect on the TCP/IP TAB. CAn somebody help me on this issue?  I'm using labview 2015

Thanks,

Mario

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,163 Views)

@MarioTalon wrote:

Hi LabView Gurus,

I have purchased this Ethernet to RS485 device to replace the USB -RS485 converters to have a more flexibility in terms of distance from the controller such as host computer/server. I can't detect the device from the MAX explorer, but the 3rd party software which comes with the device is properly working. I can configure the device in MAX in the web tab. but can't detect on the TCP/IP TAB. CAn somebody help me on this issue?  I'm using labview 2015

Thanks,

Mario

Why do you expect it to be detected in MAX ?

It's not an instrument.

It's an adapter.

More important is whether Windows sees the adapter correctly or not.

The device is capable of being used in Serial Tunnel mode or Direct TCP/IP or Redirector Configuration mode.  Which mode are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,128 Views)

Thanks NYC for the info. Im new to this Ethernet on LabView. Im using Direct TCP/IP mode.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,114 Views)