From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect three-wire strain gauge to NI 9219

I am wondering how to connect a three-wire strain gauge to the NI 9219 in a quarter bridge. I am capable of completing a connection with a two-wire strain gauge, but am confused as to how the three wire model should be connected. 

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,948 Views)

The datasheet shows.

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/377223a_02.pdf

Page 5.

The 3 wire RTD circuit is equivalent to a 3-wire 1/4 bridge strain gage.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,924 Views)

How would this translate to LabVIEW since the connection diagram generated by the software only displays a two-wire connection when a quarter-bridge option for strain is selected?  After connecting the three-wire gauge to the DAQ in the configuration of the three-wire RTD circuit, are there additional settings to adjust on LabVIEW with the three-wire connection? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,878 Views)

For the sake of argument, a 3-wire RTD is no different than a 3-wire strain gage.  They are both resistors whose resistance varies based applied external conditions.

I don't know what software diagram you are referencing.

As for additional settings, there might be some.  I can't say because I don't have a DAQ device or sensors with me to test.  But you can try your self and see how it works.  You're not going to break anythingl

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,869 Views)