From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communication with chip after install driver by Driver Wizard

Hi all,

I have a chip C8051F320, I can communication with it when I use silab driver in labview.

it can find in MAX after I install NI driver by Driver Wizard, but I can't communication with this chip, what I should to do?

Br

Boone

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,787 Views)

I dunno.  Call a software engineer?  What have you tried so far?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,780 Views)
If you can communicate with it with the scilab driver, why would you install a VISA driver?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,776 Views)

I don't get data after write data to chip, it shoud return shome data back.

I use tools to monitor USB bus as picture:

Mor.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,751 Views)

I like LabVIEW

so I want to display my singlechip can use in MAX and LabVIEW.Smiley LOL

Br

Boone

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,748 Views)

@billko wrote:

I dunno.  Call a software engineer?  What have you tried so far?

Personal foul, unnecessary roughness, replying team.

My original comment above was totally uncalled for.  I hope you don't think this is representative of the good people on this forum.  I offer no excuses because there is none for something stupid like this.

I apologize for my remark and hope that I can be of assistance to you in this, and any other problems you might have in the future.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 6 of 16
(3,743 Views)
You have not answered my questions. It's just silly to create your own driver when you have something that already works. Why do you think something has to be listed in MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,725 Views)

Get SN is fine, but send data is fail(my data is: 36 80 0e 80 15), who can tell me why I can't?

SN.PNGControl In.pngWrite Error.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,686 Views)
You need to get the low level RAW protocol from the vendor in order to use the VISA wizard. The write function might not even be valid. That is why using the wizard is most often just a dumb idea. Depending on what the device expects to use, the VISA wizard will not replace the original driver. This would be true for something like the Windows hid driver.

You still have not answered my question of why you have gone done this path when you said you already had it working in LabVIEW. Simply having a desire to have it listed in MAX is not a valid reason to discard something that works.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,675 Views)
Hi Dennis,
At first thanks for you answer.
as everyone known: NI and Agilent are the best at instruments, a lot of engineer use labview, if my instrument more close to NI, it is more easy for engineer.
Firmware write by myself.
Br
Boone

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,657 Views)