transfer data through serial port. How to read ? how to write? I think
LabVIEW support this kind of communication. But I can't find the exact
code which controls the read and write of serial port. I can find the
examples in labVIEW , but I think they are not enough. Do you think
so?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,031 Views)
You should be able to find the required functions in the LV functions palletes under

Instrument I/O > I/O Compatibilty > Serial Compatibility

Happy trying
ian.f
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,031 Views)
Hi

There are some serial examples delivered with LV. Check the example library.
This link could help too: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/e22da85e97818de78625678c0069bfc9?OpenDocument

Luca P.
Application Ingenieur
National Instruments
Regards,
Luca
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,031 Views)
Better than the IO compatibility VIs are the Serial-VISA VIs. They might be a little bit harder to start using but definitely worth it in the long run. I've seen documentation and examples on these in LabVIEW 6.1.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,031 Views)
I believe that Serial-VISAs are better as they are of lower level interface control. However, I also believe that I/O compatibility Serial functions are for anyone one who is new to Serial Communiation in LV programming.

Step by step will sometime, if not all the time, help in understanding what one is working on.

Not so much of comment but concern.
Cheers
ian.f
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,031 Views)
If you have any trouble with the device you are communicating with, you may want to grab a program called portmon (it's free).

You can find it a number of places, including programmersheaven.com

It runs at the same time as your software and records all the traffic. It has helped me immensely in trying to determine error sources.
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,031 Views)
Hi

You should take a look of the basic knowledge of serial communication. It's better to help you for programming and solving problems. The Serial Port Write.vi and Serial Port Read.vi are very useful and easy to use. Try to use them at the beginning.

Bill
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,031 Views)