LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate the Scientifica Patchstar via a USB cable with labview?

I am planning to use labview to program an instrument made by Scientifica called Patchstar. I have followed tutorials like this:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4478/en

It seems that I am communicating with the device but the feedback of the device is always "±`". Even if I sent blank command, it will also feedback with the same symbol.  I really have no idea what is going wrong with it. 

There is one minor thing that is skeptical. According to the tutorial, it is better to stop windows from installing the default driver for the device but I dont know how to do it. This may lead to miscommunication with the device?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,312 Views)

Why do you want to create your own driver instead of what comes with the device? If you go that route, you need all of the low level USB RAW protocol from the vendor. Did you get that? Yoe are wasting your time if you don't have that. Is the driver from the vendor documented? If it's a USB connection, how does that connection show up in windows device manager?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,311 Views)

I guess that might be the reason. In the beginning I wasnt clear what the difference is between USB raw and serial communication. 

I probably will just try a serial communcation example then.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,308 Views)