From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine ring control/radio button ?

Dear all,

I would like to combine a radio button with a ring (of image) control on 1 control (which should not be a cluster), that means that each time that i am selecting a boolean in the radio control automatically, the corresponding image in the ring control is selected with no using a cluster control. I have attached the 2 control that I want to combine : ScannerModeDraw.ctl = ring control and ScannerMode.ctl = radio buttons.

thanks by advance

regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,488 Views)

Have you researched Xcontrols?

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,482 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,480 Views)

Hi apok,

thank you for your vi but i am sure that it is possible with Labview to do it immediatly in a control. The images in the ring control are just here to explain to the user what the radio buttons are corresponding to.

Have you any idea how to do it in the control ?

thanks by advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,462 Views)

It can easily be done with Xcontrols.  Look at the "Simple Dual Mode Thermometer XControl" example for guidance.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 5 of 6
(2,451 Views)

Hi Mnemo 15,

I totally agree with vt92 : custom controls do not allow to add code in order to add new functionnalities, but XControls do!

See: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3198/en

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,439 Views)