From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine TCP communication VI to other Labview VI

Hi, 

I am doing a project that is a sport timing system. In my timing system, I am trying to communicate with another computer by using TCP/IP while the timing system is running.

I am trying to combine it into a VI, I have tried to solve it by convert one of the VI to sub VI, but it doesn't work or 1 computer cannot run TCP VI and my Timing System at the same time.

Can any one know how to solve this problem ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,146 Views)

I really don't understand what I'm looking at, since your code is hard to follow. Does "timing system A" run on one computer and "timing system B" run on another computer? "timing system B" doesn't have any TCP/IP code.

Please explain your code.

Also, why would you use a string control as a backdrop? Use the Decorations subpalette.

Also, DO NOT CREATE INFINITE LOOPS. You main loops have a True constant wired to the loop condition terminal. THIS IS BAD. It means the only way to stop the code is to use the Abort button.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,127 Views)

Hi, 
timing system b is a sport timing system that like a stopwatch with 24 three-input switch( 0s,2s or 50s will added to the total time if turn on 1 of them).

TCP communicator active and passive are the other 2 VI. I want to combine  TCP communicator actives VI and timing system b' VI into a VI (that run in computer A).

And the TCP communicator  passive is run in another computer( computer B). 

about the stop button in timing system b's VI, the Vi can't function when I add a stop button in it, but it run normally once I removed the stop button. The timing system b is based on the NI tutorial or examples. I based on the example to design the stop watch function. 
Please help me how to solve it.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,111 Views)