From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close & exit the Switch Soft Front Panel from LabVIEW?

Same requirement here too... LV 8.x
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(1,137 Views)

Could you down convert your vi to 8.5 and post again? 

I would certainly like to, but LabVIEW will not let me! I keep getting this error... Maybe the 2009 NI_Switch stuff will not downconvert?

I will attach a screen shot of the program in the next reply.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(1,121 Views)

This is part of a larger program where I've parsed out the relay setting. If you have eny questions, let me know. This is one of about 100 ways to do it.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(1,119 Views)

Thanks for the snapshot. Smiley Happy

See n tell how is mine. Still not very rugged. Anyway comments are most welcome!

Similar to yours, nothing in Timeout event.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(1,115 Views)

parthabe wrote:

Thanks for the snapshot. Smiley Happy

See n tell how is mine. Still not very rugged. Anyway comments are most welcome!

Similar to yours, nothing in Timeout event.

Looks good to me, although I didn't take the time to figure out your "+20" thing and the relay names, but if it is clicking relays... Smiley Wink

Two of the best parts of the NI-Switch method of clicking the relays are the Wait for Debounce and the Get Relay Position-- these are things you'll not get easily using DAQmx to set the relays (not that you are, just FYI). I suggest you use the Get Relay Position as a check, and don't leave the loop until your Positions are what you expect.

Message Edited by Broken Arrow on 11-23-2009 08:03 AM
Richard

Message 15 of 33
(1,109 Views)

I was expecting some sort of simulation of NI-SFP!!! (with actual switching action diagrams, like you see in the SFP panel ) :smileyindifferent:

You guys managed it with booleans and clusters!!!  :smileymad:

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(1,093 Views)

Vsh wrote:

I was expecting some sort of simulation of NI-SFP!!! (with actual switching action diagrams, like you see in the SFP panel ) :smileyindifferent:

Hey, no frowny faces. Just trying to help.

In my opinion, fancy GUI buttons is a matter of busy work, and my thought was that the focus of the thread was not on GUI.

Message Edited by Broken Arrow on 11-23-2009 08:29 AM
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(1,088 Views)

You can poll the mouse button (using Input Device Control VIs) to see if clicked on the SFP close button.  If it does, you can programmatically close SFP using Windows API Function Utilities (32-bit) for LabVIEW from NI website.  You can call Exit Application.vi twice if necessary.

You can set the SFP as a child window of your front panel.  And hide the titlebar, then it will looks like part of your front panel.  It's not really inside a Tab.  You can't set "Wait until completion=True", or your Tab won't work.  You have to catch Tab change event, and show/hide the SFP accordingly.

To integrate an exe (any exe) into LabVIEW seamlessly, you need a little bit Windows programming knowledge.  It might takes some time.  My G Toolbox ($) can save you time.

George Zou

George Zou
Message 18 of 33
(1,057 Views)

Broken Arrow wrote:

Looks good to me, although I didn't take the time to figure out your "+20" thing and the relay names, but if it is clicking relays... Smiley Wink

It is meant for the Ring Itemcount (+0/1 for Off/On).

Broken Arrow wrote:

I suggest you use the Get Relay Position as a check, and don't leave the loop until your Positions are what you expect.

Much thanks for your good suggestion. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(1,045 Views)

Vsh wrote:

Vsh, wish to post the snapshots of the NI Switch SFP & my VI itself. Smiley Happy  You compare & see for yourself. Smiley Wink  Of course, the Relays tab is still to be coded.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(1,043 Views)