From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear everything from NI and have blank install

Hello.
I have a issue with intslling labview. When I try to install it I always get some kind of error. By reinstalling software few times I got almost to 99% of installation (I fixed by that almost 10 installation errors) but it still throws me 
"

A plugin returned one or more errors at the end of the transaction.

Additional error information:
An error occurred while creating a process to run command '"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\CEIP\niceipsettings.exe" -metalaunched 1, -locale 9'.

"
With first install of labview it also throwed me a error at 99% but it was compleatly different.

I think the issue is I removed NI software manually (with manually stopping services and removing files) instead using unistaller.
Is there any way to clean everything from NI and start from blank install, like anything from NI would not been installed on my PC before.

I don't want to reinstall system just for one program.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,222 Views)

@skorakora wrote:

Hello.
I have a issue with intslling labview. When I try to install it I always get some kind of error. By reinstalling software few times I got almost to 99% of installation (I fixed by that almost 10 installation errors) but it still throws me 
"

An error occurred while creating a process to run command '"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\CEIP\niceipsettings.exe" -metalaunched 1, -locale 9'.

"
With first install of labview it also throwed me a error at 99% but it was compleatly different.

I think the issue is I removed NI software manually (with manually stopping services and removing files) instead using unistaller.
Is there any way to clean everything from NI and start from blank install, like anything from NI would not been installed on my PC before.

Uh-oh, if you actually did what you said you did, there is a very good chance that you will have to format your hard drive and reinstall Windows.  Not joking, unfortunately.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,206 Views)

@skorakora wrote:

Hello.
"

"

Uh oh, removing NI software "manually" was a wrong move. Now, your only option is to reinstall OS so that you can get rid of all the registry entries and leftover files.

Though you may not like it, if you need NI software on your system, the only (proven) way is to perform a system restore or restore from an old backup or wipe the system by reinstalling the OS.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,172 Views)

Sigh, I regretfully agree.  It has become a lot more "challenging" since LabVIEW 2017, which saw the introduction of the NI Package Manager as the Installer/Uninstaller.  Earlier versions of LabVIEW had installers that (with the exception of LabVIEW 2011, I think it was) could install newer versions of LabVIEW on top of "running systems" without killing services that NI needed to do the installations, but NIPM appears to have instances where it tries to "update a required Service" and in the process, NIPM throws an Error Message.  

There is only one safe way to remove LabVIEW.  I use Control Panel for this, but it basically involves using NIPM to remove all NI Software (except for NIPM itself), and when everything is gone, reboot, and ask NIPM to remove itself.  When it does, it warns you that this is a little dangerous ...

In 2017, I "removed LabVIEW" thoroughly.  I could not reinstall it.  I ended up (a) backing up all my data, (b) gathering all the disks I needed to reinstall all of my software, (c) made sure I had a Windows 10 Installation disk, (d) reformatted the C: drive, (e) and reinstalled Apps and Data.  Then I installed LabVIEW (it worked!).  Sadly, a month later, I did the same thing on my Laptop, and "fixed it" the same way.  I'm much more careful now!

Never use a "Registry Cleaner" to remove LabVIEW stuff.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,162 Views)

NI has a command line uninstaller "uninst.exe" that I have used in the past.  Might be worth a try.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7P4SAK&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,087 Views)

There used to be an "NI Blaster" utility available from NI to persons who asked a representative.  You might try opening a service request.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,077 Views)