LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose which plot will be displayed in a Excel Graphic's legend via Generation toolkit report

Hi every one,

I'm using the generation toolkit module to generate graphs in excel in order to automate a calibration report. I'm calibrating several sensors at the same time and i want the result to be displayed on a chart in Excel. The problem is that for each calibration result, i also have the upper and lower bound of the confidence level, and in my legend, all the plot are displayed. I'd like only the plot refering to calibration to be displayed in the legend. I've manage by ActiveX to control thickness, color etc..but not the fact that they will appear or not in the legend.

Does anyone have already deal with this? 

Thank you for the support!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,097 Views)

I'm going to "Bob_Schor" you .  We really can't help without a VI and some DATA.  Apparently you have Data, and you want to make it visually appealing as a graph in Excel by using LabVIEW.  Nothing could be simpler!  EXCEPT for the two things you forgot in your post; 1) No code, 2) No data

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,081 Views)

Hi Jay,

i attached the code. But Watch out, i know how to display a graph in excel. I don't want some of the plot (all the upper and lower bounds plots) to be displayed in the legend! I just want the sensor's plot to appear in the legend (otherwise, when i will be calibrating 10 sensors or more, the legend will just look awfull!)

thanks you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,051 Views)

Well, just remove the upper and lower bounds(n!=1) strings from the array!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,045 Views)
But in this case, they will not appear on the graph....I just want to "erease" them from the legend.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,038 Views)

You can't do that.  its an Excel thing.  you will have a legend key entry for each line on your graph you COULD possibly write a macro that would replace the legend with some other object but I wouldn't even try to do that.  I program in LabVIEW! I don't specialize in making MS Office products redefine their presentations.

On the other hand......... Exporting a LabVIEW Graph as simplified image and embedding that as an image into Excel would be the direction I would take

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,035 Views)