LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check the size of a folder in a repository (using an URL not a local path)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I wrote this function to calculate the size of a local folder but somehow I can't make it work for a folder in a repository (using an URL).

Please Help.

Cheers,
~~~ GladiatorLV ~~~
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(11,651 Views)

Can you browse to that file through Windows Explorer, or only through a browser?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(11,645 Views)

James.Morris I believe I can access it through windows explorer

Cheers,
~~~ GladiatorLV ~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(11,627 Views)

Sorry. When I try to open it in Windows Explorer it takes me to a browser

Cheers,
~~~ GladiatorLV ~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(11,625 Views)

That's probably the issue, the LabVIEW FIle I/O VIs can work with files that Windows Explorer can work with, but when you go in to the network browser realm, you're unleashing a whole new beast.

Maybe someone else on here has insight in to how to work with files over the internet. (I say internet because it's not just on a drive on the local network, it's at a specific URL)

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(11,610 Views)
Can you say a bit more about where this directory is, how its configured and what you are trying to do?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(11,557 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GladiatorLV

The repository is online. I wanted to be able to get modified files/folders from one revision to the other, calculate the total size, check if there's enough space on the local disk to export. I completed this using TortoiseSVN commands. svn list -r %s -v %s will give you the size of a file in bytes.

Cheers,
~~~ GladiatorLV ~~~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(11,439 Views)

Very nice.  Where did you find this information?  I've used SubWCRev to get the Revision Number of the current Working Copy, but haven't found any discussion of the commands you describe.  Please share ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(11,393 Views)

Never mind -- I just "stumbled" over it.  In Windows 7, open a command prompt.  Type "svn help" and you will see that there is, indeed, an "svn" ability that comes with TortoiseSVN and it does contain the List command.  There's even a discussion on the Web here.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(11,388 Views)