LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change image size with IDS ueye gigabit ethernet camera?

Hi everyone,

I try to detect a template in more or less real time. Therefore, I already implemented a working VI. My Problem now is that it is incredibly slow, which is caused by the size of the image that the camera captures. I know, that in the cameramanager of IDS there is the possibility to change the size-profile (e.g from 3840x2748 to 1280x720), see in the image I added.

Is there a way to do the same in LabVIEW? I already looked through the property nodes of the camera, that the driver provides.

Or is there an other option that I didn't think of to speed up the program?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,993 Views)

Edit 1: I found the IMAQ Resample VI but it only converts the Picture after I converted it to an "IMAQ-Picture". Sadly, that doesn't help me at all.

The "CopyToArray" node produces a huge array so I think I need to limit the picturesize before. 

Edit 2: I added the VIs I used, to get the Image.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,957 Views)

For my usb camera I used this (change video mode attribute)

Message 3 of 7
(2,949 Views)

Thank you, that's already a good start. 🙂

I will test tomorrow, if it helps me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,940 Views)

Open MAX, find your Camera, and look at the Acquisition Attributes, Video Mode.  Choose the one you want.  Note this is the Video Mode that @vcxpavel suggested, which can also be changed programmatically.MAX, Camera Image.png

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 7
(2,922 Views)

Thank you. As you suggested, I tested the camera with the Ni MAX. Unfortunetly, the image is upside down and trimmed to the new size instead of scaled. Also the framerate is super low, maximum 2.0 fps. But I can't chose an other option. 

It is not the fault of the camera, i tested it with the IDS Cameramanager and it works just fine if you scale it a little.
Is it a problem that LabVIEW has with the camera?

I also changed my code that it works with the given VIs, but there I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,893 Views)

USB Cameras that adhere to the GenICam Standard can generally communicate with LabVIEW through IMAQdx.  That being said, "not all Cameras (or their Developers) are created equal".  In the earlier days of IMAQdx, Axis and Basler cameras were compatible with IMAQdx (though there are still some interesting issues with TCP/IP).  Whether or not your camera "works" depends on some testing.  If you can find an IMAQdx "expert" who can take a look (or if you can ship your camera to him/her), you might be able to get some insights.

Bob Schor

Message 7 of 7
(2,873 Views)