From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change color of blinking LED

Hello,
in the attached file is a LED with property blinking = true.
The problem is that it blinks yellow.. How can i change the yellow to another color?

TFTC

Message 1 of 9
(10,133 Views)
I would create two led one yellow and the other is already create
use property node to ger the color cluster(for the value of yellow

keep thoses clusters and swith them for the proper color of the led
in the property node
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(10,120 Views)
hi!

In the KnowledgeBase I've found this, that should be right for you.

However, it's not good, to my opinion, that you cannot programmatically change blinking color.  I suggest, if applicable, to manually change the ON color, instead of setting blink to TRUE. This takes longer to do, but you can control it programmatically.

I hope this helps!

Buone Vacanze!!!

graziano
Message 3 of 9
(10,120 Views)
Hi jjcimon,
   I'm not sure to have correctly understood... can you explain, or post an example (for LV 7.1)? Thanks!

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(10,117 Views)
If you go into the labview options, and select colors.  There is a color for the blink foreground and for the blink background.  Changing these from the defaults will add these entries to you labview.ini file.
blinkFG=
blinkBG=
If you make an exe from your VI you will need to add these two entries to you exe INI file.  You can also change the speed.  On the upside, you can do this programatically, but it will require a restart of the VI in order to re-read the INI file.. I think, I have not tested it... but I assume that it is only read on launch.  You can experiment with it.
You can also change the blinking speed in the properties which adds the line
blinkSpeed=
I hope this clarifies things

Paul
Message 5 of 9
(10,104 Views)
I was too sure I did change that color before,   because I am using blinking led
I just went to try all of this and realize the yellow blinking color
is not part of the property ........

sorry that was not the answer, I will try before posted 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(10,100 Views)
Hello Stradis,
i already know this option, but this is for all LEDs what i ever create. I want to change the blinking color of only one LED the rest should stay in default.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(10,097 Views)
It is a limitation, if you want to change just one boolean led, you will have to manual switch the state, t/f.  It is not a property of the boolean.  Sorry

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(10,095 Views)

How about this?

Note - this was just an example. It is by no means a finalized tool, although it should work for your LED with no problem.

(10,053 Views)