From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change X-axis scale in real time mode

Hi.

We're having a problem determing the X-scale on a chart. The chart shows a sine-wave in real time scale, with about 1 second or so on the graph. How can we change this to 10 or 30 seconds? Which property node should we use for this, when the chart uses real time scale?

Thanks for your help!

(7,533 Views)

Hi,

for charts: set proper history length and choose autoscale for x axis...

What is a "real time scale"? Do you just mean to display x-axis formatted for time display?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(7,530 Views)

The chart uses X-axis with the exact date and time from the computer - T0.

If we change the chart history length and then "autoscale X-axis", nothing changes.

Do you know any property nodes that will can change the lenght of the X-axis, when it shows the exact time?

(7,526 Views)

Added two pictures that shows the problem.

Message 4 of 13
(7,525 Views)

Hi,

you don't need to set T0 constantly. The x axis range is settable: simply switch off autoscaling and set the needed range (either manually or by property nodes). Then this range will not change with new data arriving!

Next time please attach a (simplified) VI instead of undebuggable pictures...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 13
(7,518 Views)

The VI is quite large, with lots of subVI's, so adding it here, might be problematic. But it's added now. All the charts should use absolute time, and be scaled in for example 10 or 30 seconds.

We have tried using property nodes, with "X scale - max/min" and "scale fit", but the problem is that the X-axis is in absolute time.

Eventhough we remove "autoscale X-axis", it's not possible to type the time manually - it just switches back.

Thanks a lot for your help.

(7,514 Views)

An older version so you'll be able to open it Smiley Happy

(7,513 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem with changing the x aix period. It only shows 1 second on the chart and backwards. Did you figure out how to change to longer period?

Thanks,

Jingjing

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,654 Views)

Yes we solved it back in 2011, but I don't remember how. Probably using property nodes.

(6,650 Views)

thanks for the quick reply!

I am new to labview and we are using limited edition because we haven't decided to buy windows or labview. I am wondering if the property nodes are in the full edition? (I didn't find the property nodes for x axis)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,641 Views)