From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Color of the Text Selection?

Colleagues,

Pretty simple question about control's customization. How to change the color of selection? By default it inverted and appeared black:

SelColor.png

What I need is something like that:

SelColor2.png

Strange I haven't found any suitable property... Smiley Sad  Is it possible, or I wanted too much from LabVIEW?

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,504 Views)

I think this is a function of the OS. In Windows, the selection background color seems to be the complement of the normal background of the selected text.

I've seen several references to this, but can't find an authoritative link at the moment.

I tested it with this quick VI... (LV 8.6)

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 2 of 5
(2,492 Views)

I don't think you can customize it. By default it is the inverse RGB color. If the string background is yellow (RGB 255,255,0) then the selection will be blue (RGB 0,0,255).

The same apply to the selected text.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,491 Views)

Thank you.

You're correct - this is inversed color depends from the color of background.

It can be changed in Windows Settings and works, for example in WordPad (and in Notepad as well):

UI.png

But no effect in LabVIEW (also no effect, when System String used instead of Modern).

This probably will work for RichText or similar system component from OS, but using ActiveX or .net control for every string - no, thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,484 Views)

And what is funny - it works for Rings, Enums, etc:

Ring.png

But not for Text Selection.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,475 Views)