From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture more frames of WebSocket data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am currently using the WebSocket library to develop a handler for communicating with a Webserver and I am running into an issue where the response I want sometimes comes 1-2 frames after the request is made instead of directly following the Write request.

JackFFFF_0-1677112949466.png

Is there any way to set up a WebSocket listener then to capture all of the frames for a certain amount of time? I tried looping this section by rereading until the response contains the data I require but I could not get that to work.

Any advice or suggestions about how I could go about solving this? Also let me know if there is a better place to discuss these kind of issues!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(607 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JackFFFF

As a followup I have been able to get the loop to work by sending corresponding ping-pong messages to the Webserver in between repeat reads. This does still cause an error if there is nothing there so I have to ignore passing it on but it seems to work fine now.

JackFFFF_0-1677210071552.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(547 Views)