LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture continuous data in strain guage rosette program in labview

I am using NI-9235 module for strain and the strain guage is rectangular rosette. While using sample program given by Labview in examples it is not logging data. How to solve this and when I tested stain guage with P3 box the strains getting from this is different from NI sensors from Labview.

Please answer this if anyone has idea.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(748 Views)

Have you looked at the Example for Strain that ships with LabVIEW?  Did you notice that there is a loop that runs every 100 msec and returns a Strain measurement at that rate?  Do you know how to write two numbers, a time (which increments in steps of 0.1 s = 100 ms) and a Strain (which you get from the DAQmx Read) every iteration of the While Loop?  [Hint -- open a Text file before the Loop, write two values in a line each iteration of the While Loop, and close the file when the Loop exits.  There are other ways to write out these data ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(740 Views)

Thank you for the information.

Yes, I am using the one which comes with LabView. I don't know how to write a text file. In the program, only one gauge factor is shown but the strain rosette has different gauge factors for three gauges in the rosette. How to deal with this as well.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(725 Views)

@gadwal wrote:

I don't know how to write a text file. 

You need to learn the basics of LabVIEW.  NI has been re-arranging the LabVIEW Forums, but on the first page of the Forums, there used to be several guides to getting started with learning LabVIEW.  I just looked, and it looks different than I remember, but start there and see if you have access to any of the beginning courses (Core 1 would be a good place to start).  If not, please return here and let us know (so we can urge NI to provide more or better Tutorial material ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(688 Views)