LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate total time of mouse movement?

Hi Everyone.

I am doing project on gesture recognition with touchpad. I need to find out the total time of completion of gesture on touchpad. For that I need to calculate total time of cursor movement on laptop touchpad. When cursor starts moving, that time I need to capture time and when it stops also. I need to find out difference between the start time and stop time. Please help me to do this task. Presently I am trying with event structure and timed structure but I am getting only present time only. I tried with counter but unable to get the difference.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,271 Views)

You're on the right track with the event structure.  Look at the attached VI.  See how the time of each click down and then click up are stored in the array.  You can subtract any consecutive values to get the difference between clicks.

BTW, keep in mind that the first click stored is you starting the VI and the last click time is you stopping it.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,266 Views)

WHY are you double posting the same question you already received an answer for???

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-calculate-total-time-of-mouse-movement/td-p/1521084

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,261 Views)