From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate signal area

@GerdW

Yes this part will not work all the time. 

Thanks for pointing out.

Corrected.

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(929 Views)

Hi PBP,

one more point: all your FOR loops can run too many iterations based on what they do: the last iterations might index non-existing array elements…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(919 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Can you throw some light how can I avoid some for loop when I want to do calculations online? I am using this method to detect start and stop of my waveform.

Regards, 

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(905 Views)
  • What is your definitition of "calculation online"? Where exactly is that?
  • You can subtract 3 from all your values wired to N.
  • Your loops differ very little. I am sure you could combine the bulk of the code to avoid all that repetition.
  • It is a really bad idea to place user files into the root folder (C:\data.csv).
  • Your code does not work right if the first peak is negative.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(895 Views)

@altenbach

1) What is your definitition of "calculation online"? Where exactly is that?

Calculation online means this is performed on live data not on the past data. Where I don't know at what sample my cycle will start. Position of peak will very anywhere between samples I captured.

2)Your loops differ very little. I am sure you could combine the bulk of the code to avoid all that repetition.

This is just example code actual code contains subVis for code repetition. 

3) It is a really bad idea to place user files into the root folder (C:\data.csv).

This is just example for Rani_jcha's question. Path can be anything.

4)Your code does not work right if the first peak is negative..

In my case I am capturing sine wave signal and I do soft firing of TRIAC, so I always get positive peak first.

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(879 Views)