From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically take photos from Camera with Labview ?

Which way to self shot from Camera? Usage for view number. I already manage to shot from webcam, display the image and reading of the vehicle, but you must have a photo with nghề. I want the camera of the body you have self to take a camera camera when you have set the previous front of the previous gear. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,883 Views)

Can you rewrite your question again, but using English?

Message 2 of 5
(2,844 Views)

How to automatically take photos from Camera? Using the vision read license plates. I have managed to take a picture from the webcam, display the image and read license plates, however I have to take the picture manually.I would like my camera to be able to automatically take the photo of license plates when I put license plates in front of it.Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,835 Views)

To have the Camera "automatically take photos with LabVIEW", you need to have an interface between the Camera and LabVIEW.  Some cameras, including USB Cameras and WebCams that follow the GenICam standard, can be "seen" and images acquired using the Vision Acquisition Software and IMAQdx.  Other cameras may have their own API, a set of routines that can be called via a DLL and do low-level Camera activities.  Check with your Camera's manufacturer, and especially see what they say about interfacing their Camera with LabVIEW.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,809 Views)

Many possible way to do it. It's all depend of your setup.

1- (easy way) You can have a hardware trigger that you receive when you want to take picture.

2- But What I think you really want is that you what that when the camera see a plate, it take a picture of it automatically that will be recorded somewhere.

To do so, you will need to do pattern recognition to detect if there is a plate in front of the camera and if the pattern is recognize as a plates, it will save it somewhere. you also can do OCR to read the plate and actually know the character on that plate.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,786 Views)