LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to auto change the name in X-Axis and Y-Axis in chart ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I want to plot data into a chart. I make a selection switch for each channel, there are for temperature measurement and voltage measurement.

What I want is when I switch the selection to temperature measurement, the Y-axis´s name change into Temperature and when it is voltage change into Voltage.

Can LabView do that ?

Citras

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,066 Views)

There are a lot of things that you could do to make your life easier in your code but here is how I would start with the question that you asked.

Example.png

Tim
GHSP
Message 2 of 8
(3,061 Views)

Thx for the response, yeah I think my labview program is too complicated. I am still new to labview, I don´t really know how to simplify it.

And for your example that you attached, I can´t open it. My labview is version 10.

Can you tell me what is the name of the components that is used ?

Citras

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,059 Views)

Property nodes are used to programmatically change properties of front panel objects at run time.  You can generate property nodes in one of three ways:

1. Right click the control you want a property node for (your graph or enum control) and select Create»Property Node»PropertyYouWantToChange.
  2. On Application Control palette, select a Property Node.  If you do this, you will need to either connect it to a reference of the control or link it to the control directly (right click the node, select Link to»ControlYouWantToLinkItTo).
  3. Hit Ctrl-Space to pop up the quickdrop dialog, then type in Property Node.

This is a use of VI server.  You may want to look at the LabVIEW help for VI server.

Message 4 of 8
(3,053 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Citras

Here is a version that should work.

Tim
GHSP
Message 5 of 8
(3,047 Views)

Thx for the solution, one more question, how to create the component in the middle ?

Properties Node.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,040 Views)

Hi citras,

did you read message #4? Point 2 of that message?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,038 Views)

Right click on the graph and follow below

Example.png

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8