From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to aquire short circuit current from digitizer PXI-5105?

I was trying to aquire short circuit current with the digitizer PXI-5105 (it only gives me voltage). Any suggestions as to how I can make this measurements? I have gotten some hints from someone that we should use a Keithley (I have an old Keithley 237). Is this the case?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,512 Views)

First you'll have to tell us what you are looking for with a "short circuit current".  What short circuit?  Normally the current during a short circuit event is very high.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,489 Views)

Hi, thank you for replying. Actually we are going to aquire current data from a solar cell. Our aim is to measure the electron life time in the case of short circuir when swiching the light intensity. We have the digitizer PXI-5105.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,470 Views)

Using a digitizer for current measurements is not generally recommended, as digitizers are made for high-frequency voltage measurements. Why are you using a digitizer instead of a DAQ card that's made to measure current, such as the PXI-6236What maximum current do you expect? 

Regards,

Nathan S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,440 Views)