LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to aquire input data from a spectrum analyser through GPIB to LabView?

Hi, I am new to Labview. I need help acquiring data using a GPIB cable from a spectrum analyser. May I know how to make the connection between my spectrum analyser and my computer using Labview so as to acquire the data from the analyser.Smiley Indifferent (eg. what function to use?)
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,966 Views)

Hi,

I am going to assume that you have a GPIB card so that you can connect your GPIB cable from your spectrum analyser too.

I would suggest checking the NI website or the Instrument vendor to see if there is a LabVIEW driver library for your instrument.

If you have a labview driver, there is usually is a Getting Started VI which you can use to driver the instrument to make sure you have communication.

After that, its a case of checking the driver to see it has a VI that perform the function/ task that you require. If its one of the common data retrival functions then you should find one in the driver. But a spectrum analyser has many functions and not all of the them are available in the driver. Therefore, it will be a case out with the Program Manual for the Instrument and create your own VI's.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,963 Views)

Thank you very much. Smiley Happy

Rgds,

Guan Xiong

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,937 Views)
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=249329
dude this thread should solve all your queries!
Enjoy
Rohit
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,887 Views)

hello sir i am sunny 

sir in my project i have interfaced labview with hardware spectrum analyser using d drivers 

the drivers had some examples like d appendix 1 sent as attachment which is perfectly allowing me to see what ever is on the spectrum analyser screen
but that example is not having features to calculate other parameters so i took inbuilt examples from library of NI like to measure amplitude of a sine signal sent as appendix 2
so the problem is now i am not able to give the feed from spectrum analyser to d example (amplitude measurement)
plz help me 
eagerly aaiting for ur reply
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,430 Views)