From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add the libXML library to labVEW environment

If there any step-up step procedure available for how to add the libXML library to the LabVIEW environment. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,684 Views)

Do you mean this LibXML? http://xmlsoft.org/

If so, it looks like a standard C library, so look for guides relating to the Call Library Function Node (CLFN) and calling C language functions.

In terms of "adding it", yoou need to either specify a path, or place the DLL at a location on the search path.

You might find this thread useful: libXML Examples

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,639 Views)

Yes, Correct LibXML only.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Libxml2-Parsing-XML-in-LabVIEW-is-too-slow-or-is-it/ta-p/3...

From the above link, I had to download the Libxml setup and some of the examples.

1. I have installed the "libxml2-1.0.0.2.vip" in my system. 

2.LibXMLUpdate(2.1) in this folder I tried to run the Main.VI but I get an error like " Not executable VI". 

Do I have to do any setup to solve this issue?. 

The above link which is the folder is required to use the LibXML

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,581 Views)

Not executable VIs (broken run arrow?) will usually tell you what the problem is.

Can you open the error list (click on the broken run arrow, or Ctrl+L, or View >> Error List) and tell me/us what you see?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,578 Views)

FYI.

dhana03_0-1580714894447.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,574 Views)

Ok, so from that image I can see that the errors occur in the top two VIs (the ones with the errors are always at the top, and have a red X mark).

You need to read those errors (the ones with X marks) and fix them, then you should be able to run Main.vi.

At the moment, main cannot run because it needs those subVIs to work.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,565 Views)

It seems the LibXML DLL issue. I want to know that how I will configure the Libxml.

is there any procedure to configure the LibXMl to avoid these errors?.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,562 Views)

Hi,

I have fix the Error in the error list which is indicate the X mark. Now am able to run my main.vi but in the "selected node sub.vi" received length as a 0 output.

Code files attached.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,384 Views)