cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add search vi path when dynamic call VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

When i run the exe program,the "INIT_IO_RELAY.vi" is my dynamic call, when call this VI, it's will display search "VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi", "VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi" is in vi.lib\Instr\_visa.llb and called by "INIT_IO_RELAY.vi". It can't find it automatically, how to solve this issue, add a path in EXE.ini file? But how to add?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,259 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author weschen

Hello Weschen

I have one suggestion. Can you add the "INIT_IO_RELAY.vi" to the always included list while buidling .exe and retry.(Build specifications)

I have attached screenshot of where it needs to be added.

Hope this helps.

- Rahul

Hit KUDOS for Thanks

Message 2 of 6
(2,170 Views)

I suspect you may not have the NI-VISA runtime engine installed.

Try installing that and see if it solves your problem.

GCentral
Message 3 of 6
(2,164 Views)

There 

@cbutcher wrote:

I suspect you may not have the NI-VISA runtime engine installed.

Try installing that and see if it solves your problem.

There are bigger problems.

Launching a vi from the Integrated Development Environment Dynamically  from a deployed application....That is going to hurt!  You might just be better off coping the vi into your project with a new name.  and yeah, "Don't Do That!"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,154 Views)

It's need to add the "INIT_IO_RELAY.vi" to the always included list while building exe.That means the dynamic called vi must be added to the included list. PS: I found the search path can be add in the exe.ini file manual.like >>>> viSearchPath="D:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\Instr\_visa.llb;D:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\dlg_ctls.llb"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,144 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,138 Views)