From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add information into body/attachment of email with labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I've done a project about developing a game for the elderly people. It's something the brick breaker where the elderly can adjust the ball size & speed. The game worked perfectly fine.

So it works this way, when I press the "Quit" button in the game, it supposed to send out an email to the caregiver to notify him/her that the elderly had played the game. And it works.

But now I have to include more information into the email, such as what speed & size of the ball the elderly had adjusted while playing the game. Can anyone help me on how should I actually merge the "speed & size" information adjusted during the game into the email that is supposed to be send out to the caregiver.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,103 Views)

The body of an e-mail is just text.  From this point, merging data should be relatively straight forward.  Based on your post, it sound like you already have a body.  So what's the question.  How to include the data, or how to convert the data, or how to capture the data?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,088 Views)

Hi, MoReese 

How to capture the data and how to convert it into the body of the email? Sorry, i'm still new to LabView.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,083 Views)

@Blueberibun wrote:

Hi, MoReese 

How to capture the data and how to convert it into the body of the email? Sorry, i'm still new to LabView.

Thank you.

How are you capturing the data now?  You can merge it into the body of the e-mail by concatenating the string.  What type of data is it?  Dynamic, numberic, stirng, etc?  Can you post your code?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,077 Views)

Hi,

here are the attachments. Sorry if my codes and diagrams are messed up.

Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,070 Views)

Down-convert to 8.5.

Message 6 of 8
(3,048 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blueberibun

This is peculiar. You said you're new to LabVIEW, but wrote this program which has queues, event structures, parallel loops, 3D picture manipulation, ... and you don't know how to pass the values of a couple of controls as a string into a subVI?

The size and speed are controlled by the two sliders on the front panel. When you quit, just read their values and format a string that you pass into the email subVI as the body of the message. Your email subVI already has a Body control on it, but it's not wired to the terminal. You just have it set to a default value.

Message 7 of 8
(3,045 Views)

Hi smercurio_fc,

Oh most of program & codes are done with guidance of my lecturer, but now he's overseas.

Anyway thank you, i managed to get it work already (:

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,034 Views)