LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add inbuilt DLL to a project explorer

Hello 

I am using Keysight DAQ970 LabVIEW drivers to acquire temperature from Keysight  DAQ970 device.

I went to the Keysight website and downloaded the LabVIEW drivers.

Its got installed in C:\Program files\National Instruments\LabVIEW2016\instr.lib

I make a simple VI to initialize, read and close. I get these VIs from the DAQ970 LabVIEW library.

When I make exe. I have a problem. It says missing KtDAQ970.dll

This DLL shows up in the project explorer under dependencies, but I am unable to locate its path. Attached picture

If I open any DAQ970 library file such as OpenDAQ970.vi , i see that internally this library is called.

How to get this KtDAQ970.dll? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(1,895 Views)

Can you right click in the dependencies, and select Explore?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(1,889 Views)

No, I am not able to do explore on dependencies.

That Explore does not come in the right click.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(1,881 Views)

Can you run it from the build folder?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(1,837 Views)

Hi Bill,

I am able to run from my laptop. I have LabVIEW development software in my PC.

I open Build folder and run. it runs.

When I copy the executable to other laptop where only run time is there, I get problem.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(1,834 Views)

There is a data folder in the same folder the executable resides in.  Is a copy of the dll there?  If there is, then there's a decent chance that if you copy the folder that includes the executable and the data folder, it will work.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(1,822 Views)

Also note that if you copy the dll from a network or external drive, the dll might be locked.

If\when you can find the dll in Windows explorer, right click it, select properties, and unblock it. LabVIEW won't mention that the dll is blocked, it will simply say it can't be loaded.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(1,810 Views)

Did you ever find this file? I have a similar problem now and I just cannot find a copy of the .dll file. Below are screenshots from the project manager of the DAQ970 project which uses the .dll:

mc5000_1-1625839040790.png  mc5000_0-1625839001497.png

I also searched "C:\Windows\" but it came up empty.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(1,667 Views)

Project --> Show Item Paths

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(1,663 Views)

The Keysite DAQ970 is fully compatible with the HP/Agilent/Keysite 34970A and 34972A.

The 3497xA drivers use pure SCPI commands so no DLL is needed.

I prefer to use "plug and play drivers" like this over IVI or any driver that is just a DLL wrapper.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(1,651 Views)