LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add controls in Labview PDA module?

Hi

I have attached a vi to acquire the data in the form of "questions" from Excel Tab-Limited file and display it in Labview PDA module.

i want to add two check box buttons "ok" and "not ok"  by the side if each question or for each question and when all the questions are answered i want to transfer the data of "ok and not ok" to an excel file.

How would i add a remarks text box which pops up when "not ok" button is checked?

I have attached the VI and the text file containing questions.
Can any one help me with a modification in the code?

Ganga
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,516 Views)

Ganga,

I think the best way to do this is through clusters.  I've attached a small example of how this could be done.  My VI is just a regular Labview VI, it doesn't target PDA but it should work on PDA just the same.

I hope this helps,
Justin D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Message 2 of 8
(5,503 Views)
Hi Justin,
Thanks it works!
But how would i do the second part that i asked? the part of adding a pop up text box to enter the remarks?
Could u help me in showing a sample code?
thanks justin in advance.
Ganga
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,493 Views)
Ganga,

I would use an event structure to do this.  The event structure could wait for a value change event on your data control.  Once the event is triggered, check and see if one of the controls was changed from "OK" to "Not OK".  If so, prompt the user for a reason using the "Prompt User for Input" express VI.

I hope this helps,
Justin D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,484 Views)
Hi Justin,
I try to use event structure but not sure how to do.
Can u help me with a modification with event structure to create a pop up box to enter the remarks when needed in my VI?
Thanks Justin!
Ganga
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,473 Views)

Ganga,

There are a number of good resources for learning about how to use event structures.  The first one that I would reccommend is an article called "Using the Event Structure for More Than Just the User Interface".  Here's a link to it...

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/learningcenter.nsf/webmain/3cbc8abcb38d225386256e20007cad3a

Also, if you search the Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) for "event structures" you can look at a good example called "Event Tracking".  This VI is a really good demonstration on how to use event structures.  If you are new to LabVIEW you might also want to look at an online course that we have (free of charge) called "Learn LabVIEW 8 in 3 hours".  Here's a link to that article.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/learningcenter.nsf/webmain/51739EA30FAB12F8862570920065734B

I hope you understand that I cannot write this code for you but I can help point you in the right direction the best that I can.

I hope this helps,
Justin D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,426 Views)
Hi
Since the Labview PDA module donot support Property node the VI cant be run pn the PDA.
1.Is there any other way to open the excel file other than with property node?
2. Is there any way to open a text file and display the contents?
3. How to write the answered VI to a text file or excel file in PDA module without using property node?

If anyone help me by a modification in the VI it will be gr8.
Ganga
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,418 Views)

Hi Ganga,

I suggest you look at the example named Datalogging to get an idea for how to read and write information using PDA.  In general, the File I/O VIs are available in the PDA module and can be used instead of property nodes.

To navigate to this example go the Help»Find Examples...»Toolkits and Modules»PDA»General, and choose the Datalogging example.

Best of luck,

AG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,376 Views)