LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add any control(Numeric, boolean button ) dynamically in to the tree control at selected Column and Row

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How to add  any control(Numeric, boolean button ) dynamically  in to the  tree control at selected   Column and Row place . please suggest the idea or any example code you have please share with me...

Thanks,

Veeru

NI CLDlabview-programming-fundamentalslabview-environment
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,889 Views)

Veeru,

what do you mean by "adding a control in a tree control"?

Last time i checked, the tree control includes "items" or "nodes" which are no controls. You can add custom symbols (e.g. check box) to items which might induce the impression of having boolean controls in there....however, there is no control in the tree.

But maybe i missed some (new?) feature....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,885 Views)

@Veeru102108 wrote:

Hi,

How to add  any control(Numeric, boolean button ) dynamically  in to the  tree control at selected   Column and Row place . please suggest the idea or any example code you have please share with me...

Thanks,

Veeru

You can add the control or boolean programmatically using Property Nodes, which will define when the particular to be visible and at which location the control should be placed etc., i tried this in Multi column List Box, hope same will be applicable for Tree

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,873 Views)

Hi Palanivel,

I Tried this in Multi column List Box its working fine.. but in tree controle it's not working. Have  you tried in tree control?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,865 Views)

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for reply

Please find the attached Image.it has Drop down control dynamically populated in multi column table.same like i want dynamically populated control in Tree control.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,860 Views)

@Veeru102108 wrote:
[...].it has Drop down control dynamically populated in multi column table.[...]

This is not the case. The ring is NOT PART OF THE TABLE. Not a single fraction of a second.

What the code does (too complex in my opinion, could be simplified) is to place the ring control graphically to the cell where the mouse pointer was when the click occurred. After selection of the item in the ring, the text of the item is copied into the table control and the ring is hidden again.

Similar can be done in tree controls. However, it is more complex as items in trees can expand/collapse.

One major functionality you require for this is the method "Point to Row Column".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,850 Views)

Hi Norbert_B,

In Multi Colum litst box  "Point to Row Column"  inovke node gives the  row and column number ,  but  in tree control invoke node does't gives the row and column number. Then  how i will proceed...? It give only column number.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,842 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Veeru_8899

Essentially, this is what you are looking for:

ControlPositionForTree.PNG

Please note that you have to account border sizes and label of the control so the code doesn't work right out of the box. Also you have to check for column width and height and if the position is valid at all before moving around the control.

Norbert

Norbert
Message 8 of 10
(4,825 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,821 Views)

Hi,

Actually i am trying to do with 2 different menu list with respect to 1st and 2nd column. please check the attached image. please help in this problem.

Thanks,

James 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,274 Views)