LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a display window to a tab

Hey everyone

I am currently working on a program which displays a picture of a camera image while it focuses the image. I was wondering how to add a display window to my tab control, so the image displays in the front panel window, rather than a pop-up image. Basically I want the display similar to what I have below:

picimage.JPG

Thanks for the help! =]

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,056 Views)

The example program I provided can be ignored if someone can just tell me how to display an image in a tab control window, rather than a pop-up window

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,039 Views)

What is creating that window? Is this some camera software that you're using? If it is, then you'd need to resort to operating system calls to make that window a child window of your front panel. For Windows you could try something like the example shown here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Is-there-a-way-to-call-an-exe-non-LabVIEW-such-as-Notepad-in-a/m-p/9...

Do you have the raw data? If so you could draw it into a picture indicator or intensity graph.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,028 Views)

The camera software is creating the window via LABVIEW subvis, with no raw data available =[. (The data is passed through file handles). I individual vi's (such as open.vi) are password protected.

focus_pic.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,022 Views)

They may be LabVIEW VIs, but they could be doing anything under the hood. They're probably calling some DLLs, and these could be creating that window as a standard window, rather than as a LabVIEW window. Either way, you can try to technique I provided the link to.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,020 Views)

Actually, I was able to pull out the data in a U16 array, which I can use with the vision module to create an image, but I have the same save problem as my other thread. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-to-use-BCGlookup-vi-to-adjust-and-save-an-image/m-p/1593266#M580...

Thanks a ton for the help! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,010 Views)

Well, I'm afraid I can't help you with that one, as I don't have IMAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,005 Views)

Yea thanks a lot for your help on this problem though =]

Message 8 of 9
(2,999 Views)

Kudos to you, from a Purdue 2009 grad (assuming that's what your name means Smiley Wink).

Have you checked if there is an active x object available?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,984 Views)