LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate stuff via numpad passwords?

Dear all

I am making a simple alarm system for a final proyect for a class. One of the requirements is to have a keypad and a password.

So far I coded everything with a simple boolean button, just to make sure the alarm system works for now. But now I want to make a keypad in which after activating a 4 character password it will activate (or deactivate, depends on the state of the alarm) the alarm system.

I saw the keypad from this thread, but I am unsure how to implement it with a password.

It would be nice for the user to set the password (For example, input current password (0000 as default), then type new paswrod 2 times), only if it doesnt involve to many adbanced stuff. I'd like to keep the code simple and relativley easy to follow.

I can provide with my VI if someone wants to see exactly how I did it.

I hope someone can help me with this issue

If someone wants to chat with me so you can help me faster and I can ask question, just add me on steam. If my computer is on, steam is on.

Or simply keep in contact via email eugenio.motanum91 [at] gmail.com

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,460 Views)

please? Anyone?

I'll submit my VI as it is now, just in case, but please!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,437 Views)

Hi Motanum

I was looking your doubt but I don't understand exactly what youe need. You can compare string to set the alarm, also with boolean buttons you can create your numpad, also the keypad but it will take much more buttons, to capture the password you can use even structue like they say it in the other forum. What else, mmm , you can use an array to save the new password and don't erease the old one, you can use with the array an id with password. What others doubts do you have?

Best Regards

Julio Mena

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,423 Views)

I think I understand now. I can compare use a keepad to type out a string, and then compare it to the password string. And use case events.

That is genious! Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,407 Views)

Hi Motanum

I'm glad that it help you, if you any doubt, here I'm.

Best Regards

Julio Mena

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,403 Views)