From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access or get RFID UID using omnikey cardman 5421.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new in RFID card reader application. i just want to know how to configure a connection using labview, my hardware is HID OMNIKEY 5421 and is connected to USB.

I used the code in this link http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Using-labview-how-do-I-access-the-smart-card-with-the-smart-card/td-... for me to start and check if i can get a return value.

im using a pc with OS: windows 7 64-bit and LabVIEW 2011.

hardware used with card inserted using omnikey workbench:

omnikey.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,434 Views)

Hi,

From the image you have posted it seems it was a Mifare memory card which will just provide UID and not ATR (Both are different).

@Earl_M. wrote:

I used the code to start and check if i can get a return value.

So what you got? Any errors? Upto scardconnect function it will work and return UID. Let us know in detail what problems you face.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,398 Views)

Hi,

So what you got? Any errors? Upto scardconnect function it will work and return UID. Let us know in detail what problems you face.

I get a return code of 80100069, i look for the meaning of it and below is the description the the return code.

SCARD_W_REMOVED_CARD

0x80100069

The smart card has been removed, so further communication is not possible.

and also the return code of scardstatus it "6" which is error_invalid_handle. Even if i placed the card on top of the reader. The same values i get if i remove the card.

Earl

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,384 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Earl_M.

Hi,

i finally get the solution for my query.

here is the link i used to get the UID of my card.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/pc-sc-Scardtransmit/td-p/815089/page/5

using the attached file in the link, i can now modify to the needs of my application.

thanks,

Earl

Message 4 of 5
(7,370 Views)

2343.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,024 Views)