LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access or get RFID UID using omnikey cardman 5421.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new in RFID card reader application. i just want to know how to configure a connection using labview, my hardware is HID OMNIKEY 5421 and is connected to USB.

I used the code in this link http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Using-labview-how-do-I-access-the-smart-card-with-the-smart-card/td-... for me to start and check if i can get a return value.

im using a pc with OS: windows 7 64-bit and LabVIEW 2011.

hardware used with card inserted using omnikey workbench:

omnikey.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,356 Views)

Hi,

From the image you have posted it seems it was a Mifare memory card which will just provide UID and not ATR (Both are different).

@Earl_M. wrote:

I used the code to start and check if i can get a return value.

So what you got? Any errors? Upto scardconnect function it will work and return UID. Let us know in detail what problems you face.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,320 Views)

Hi,

So what you got? Any errors? Upto scardconnect function it will work and return UID. Let us know in detail what problems you face.

I get a return code of 80100069, i look for the meaning of it and below is the description the the return code.

SCARD_W_REMOVED_CARD

0x80100069

The smart card has been removed, so further communication is not possible.

and also the return code of scardstatus it "6" which is error_invalid_handle. Even if i placed the card on top of the reader. The same values i get if i remove the card.

Earl

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,306 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Earl_M.

Hi,

i finally get the solution for my query.

here is the link i used to get the UID of my card.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/pc-sc-Scardtransmit/td-p/815089/page/5

using the attached file in the link, i can now modify to the needs of my application.

thanks,

Earl

Message 4 of 5
(7,292 Views)

2343.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,946 Views)