LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use The Driver Of Keithley 6517B?

Hi, I want to use the driver of Keithley 6517B to control the meter via the LabVIEW, but when I use one of the examples in the driver to measurement the voltage, the return value always be the same, no matter how I change the input voltage. I wonder if there are some necessary procedures that I don't konw.

thank you very much!00000.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,355 Views)

That value is used to indicate positive infinity for SCPI instruments according to this link.

Is it possible that the value you're measuring is greater than the maximum value you've configured the scope for? (Looks like 2V from the image).

GCentral
Message 2 of 5
(4,330 Views)

@cbutcher wrote:

That value is used to indicate positive infinity for SCPI instruments according to this link.

Is it possible that the value you're measuring is greater than the maximum value you've configured the scope for? (Looks like 2V from the image).

Not just possible.  The meter is reading "Over Range" on a 2e2 scale with Auto Range enabled.

I'm fairly good at this... You have blown up that meter.  It needs to get to a calibration facility for repair.

The code works fine though:P

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,324 Views)

Aww, cmon. I was only off by a factor of 100... 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,317 Views)

Hi,

It's a bit old topic, but I just had the exact same issue, using the 2017 version the of the labview driver. 
I just figured out that there is a initiate.vi node missing in the case for the keithley model 6517B, which is herein the case of the 6514 (see images). 
You just have to add the initiate.vi and it should work. If you want to the put the Read Measurement Data.vi node in a while loop for continuous measurment, be sure to set the "initiation option" of the initiate.vi to 1 (continuous). 

Hope it helps !

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,555 Views)