cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Set System Mappings For Veristand Using API

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to make a VI that would map the system channels for me inside of a Veristand system definition file. I have quite a few mappings to make and many of the port names are repetitive, so this should be easy to implement. I have attached pictures of my attempt below. The front panel shows the results. The Get Sources and Get Destinations indicators show the one mapping that I made inside of Veristand itself.

I have used the Get Channels block in LabView to verify the path structure and you can see from the Get Sources and Get Destinations indicators that they are correct.

I am planning on throwing this in a for loop and incrementing the number to make all of my connections.

Thanks in advance,

Brent

Message 1 of 3
(2,796 Views)
Solution
Accepted by B2.718

I wrote up some very similar code and it seems to configure system mappings correctly for me as long as I have the system defnition file closed while running the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,768 Views)

It does work properly. I had a space character at the end of some of my port names that I did not realize I had.

Another way to do this that is very nice is to create a tab delimited text file.

Source tab Destination

Source tab Destination

and then import into the system definition in the channels dialog box.

-B2718

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,730 Views)