cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Separate X array and Y array waveform from 1 cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Forum,

I have multiple binary file that consist of X and Y 1D arrays in a cluster.

I want to separate to its component to analyze more only X array or only Y array.

I attached the binary files.

I have tried using unbundle and unbundle by name, the result is failed.

do you have some suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,799 Views)

Do you have any existing code that can open the data in these files? Or the code that created these .bin files?

If you can show those details, it would be much easier to help.

I'm currently trying to find the array sizes to read the values, but from "cluster of 2x 1D array" it's a little tricky 😉

Are you sure it's that way, and not a 1D array of clusters of points (i.e. [(X0,Y0), (X1,Y1), ... ] ?)

Edit: It's definitely a 1D array of a cluster of points (should have tried before posting). Will post a second reply with solution in a moment.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,773 Views)

I don't have that can open the data.

the program to write this binary file is common, i think. but I store in binary files with two 1D array of waveform and I inserted into "build array".

I am sorry, I am beginner in using labview. I really appreciated your help, sir.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,769 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abuzahra

Given the values that come out, I'm not certain I have the correct datatypes. As in the first post, some information about the VI that wrote the files would be helpful.

However, here is the general idea for unpacking an array of clustered points:

snippet.png

GCentral
Message 4 of 7
(2,768 Views)

Ok sir, i will try your IV and inform you. thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,765 Views)

Can you show the way that you create the files? Even a screenshot of the Write Binary File node and its inputs would probably be enough.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with your previous post regarding using Build Array on two 1D arrays of waveforms.

In particular, doing that can produce either a 2D array of waveforms, or a longer array of waveforms.

The waveforms also each contain an array (the Y values).

I suspect that you're probably doing something else, but so far I haven't successfully guessed what 🙂

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,763 Views)

yes, sir. you are correct. I was wrong explaining unintentionally. it was another trial to avoid using cluster.

but, i use express VI to combine two waveform. each waveform is 1D array. so the cluster as i check using context help is cluster of 2 elements.

here i posted how it was saved.

I am sorry for my mistake before

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,758 Views)