LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Save a Table Data to Excel File

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Does anyone know how to save data on labview table , I want to save those data to excel file.

ScreenHunter_47 Sep. 19 11.50.jpg

Thank you & Best regards
syrpimp

=======================================================
“You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert." -Denis Waitley
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(12,370 Views)
Solution
Accepted by syrpimp

Duplicate Post

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-Save-a-multicolumn-listbox-Data-to-Excel-File/m-p/2974581

U can use,

1. Write To Spreadsheet File.vi

2. Report Generation Tool kit

Excel.png

Munna
Message 2 of 20
(12,353 Views)
Why would you ask this again when you marked the question as solved in your other thread?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(12,336 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
Why would you ask this again when you marked the question as solved in your other thread?

Perhaps the OP is not satisfied with a ASCII text file being opened in Excel, and actually wants a XLS or XLSX file.  If that is the case checkout the Report Generation Toolkit which now comes with some versions of LabVIEW 2014, or look at XLR8.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(12,300 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

Perhaps the OP is not satisfied with a ASCII text file being opened in Excel, and actually wants a XLS or XLSX file.  If that is the case checkout the Report Generation Toolkit which now comes with some versions of LabVIEW 2014, or look at XLR8.

You know if you make a text file with a TAB delimiter and give the file a .xls extension it opens in Excel just fine. I do it all the time.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 5 of 20
(12,292 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:
You know if you make a text file with a TAB delimiter and give the file a .xls extension it opens in Excel just fine. I do it all the time.

NO. It does not open "just fine" because it's not an Excel file.

I wish people would STOP DOING THIS. Don't ever EVER put a .xls or any other file extension used by a licensed and or commercial application on a plain text file.

This kind of practice makes LabVIEW programmers look like rank amateurs.

STOP IT. NOW.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 6 of 20
(12,268 Views)

RTSLVU wrote:

You really should not do that.  It makes Excel do extra work.   But Excel can open up *.txt files just fine.  So I save my tab delimited text files with an extention of txt and then edit them with Excel.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 20
(12,258 Views)

Hooovahh wrote:

We should also mention that the Write Measurement File Express VI can save data with an xlsx format.  Yes, it is the true format that Excel uses.  So if you already have all of the data, that might be a really good way to go.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(12,255 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

RTSLVU wrote:

You really should not do that.  It makes Excel do extra work.   But Excel can open up *.txt files just fine.  So I save my tab delimited text files with an extention of txt and then edit them with Excel.

Yes, but you have to go through the "import"  process every time and tell Excel the file is tab delimited, that's a P.I.T.A.

And it confuses my managers if I send them a raw data file that will not open directly in Excel by double clicking on it, as double clicking a txt file opens in Notepad by default.

Putting a .xls opens it right up in Excel, but Excel 2010 and newer will say it's not really an Excel file but allow you to open it anyway.

Right or wrong I find it is eaiser for everyone if I do that.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(12,210 Views)

@PaulG. wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

NO. It does not open "just fine" because it's not an Excel file.

I wish people would STOP DOING THIS. Don't ever EVER put a .xls or any other file extension used by a licensed and or commercial application on a plain text file.

This kind of practice makes LabVIEW programmers look like rank amateurs.

STOP IT. NOW.

I have been doing this for 20 years becasuse it confuses my managers if I send them a raw data file that will not open directly in Excel by double clicking on it.

Right or wrong I find it is eaiser for everyone if I do that, and I am not going to stop now.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(12,207 Views)