LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Reading & Writing Raw Framed Canbus on the same port

I was looking to post this question on the Additional Resources Automotive and Embeeded Network forum.  However, I do not see where I could select that forum to post to.

I am looking to write and read Canbus Raw Frame Data on the same port. I am using NI 9862 XNET Type Canbus Port.

I tried to mimick the Example "CanBus Frame Input Output  Same Port Single Point.vi".  I am getting an error about opening two ports in stream mode.

My test example of reading the data using ":Cluster:" for memory  works. I see the appropriate data being received.

I have to Read Extended Data from the DUT under test, while transmitting a series of CanBus  every 500milli seconds up to 3 minutes. Each transmission burst might be as shorts 4 clusters up to 12 clusters.  The receive data is somewhat async. but still between  500mS to 3 minute.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Greg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,359 Views)

Would you be able to provide a specific error number or the exact error message text?

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,316 Views)

I do not a specific error code now.  However the failure description said you could not specify it.

I found it was due to No XNET Sessions Input & Output.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,306 Views)

Just to be clear, is it working ok for you at this time?

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,285 Views)