From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Reading & Writing Raw Framed Canbus on the same port

I was looking to post this question on the Additional Resources Automotive and Embeeded Network forum.  However, I do not see where I could select that forum to post to.

I am looking to write and read Canbus Raw Frame Data on the same port. I am using NI 9862 XNET Type Canbus Port.

I tried to mimick the Example "CanBus Frame Input Output  Same Port Single Point.vi".  I am getting an error about opening two ports in stream mode.

My test example of reading the data using ":Cluster:" for memory  works. I see the appropriate data being received.

I have to Read Extended Data from the DUT under test, while transmitting a series of CanBus  every 500milli seconds up to 3 minutes. Each transmission burst might be as shorts 4 clusters up to 12 clusters.  The receive data is somewhat async. but still between  500mS to 3 minute.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Greg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,387 Views)

Would you be able to provide a specific error number or the exact error message text?

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,344 Views)

I do not a specific error code now.  However the failure description said you could not specify it.

I found it was due to No XNET Sessions Input & Output.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,334 Views)

Just to be clear, is it working ok for you at this time?

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,313 Views)