LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Read CI Period Using Sample Clock In PCI-6284?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using Daq card pci 6284 and trying to read Counter Period using Sample Clock.

But during execution Error -200300 appears at Daq Start Task.vi.

How to correct the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,994 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thiruveni

You'll need to use the "Implicit" version of DAQmx Timing rather than the "Sample Clock" version.  

The idea is that the timing information is "implicit" in the signal being measured.  The timing intervals that define a period are defined by the signal itself, that's why counter period measurement can't use a "regular" sample clock.

-Kevin P

P.S.  Newer boards such as the X-series MIO *do* offer frequency measurement modes that involve constant-rate sampling.  I don't they offer similar constant-rate sampling for period measurement, maybe because freq measurement is much more common and the conversion to periods is trivial.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,972 Views)