LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pause/continue a loop in Labview

Hi, I am afraid your program was not running really, but it just keep th LED on. If I put a timer there it stops and LED is still ON.  I want to make timer/stop watch that run or stop similarly but in real .

Message 11 of 33
(2,536 Views)

@nomi_g wrote:

Hi, I am afraid your program was not running really, but it just keep th LED on. If I put a timer there it stops and LED is still ON.  I want to make timer/stop watch that run or stop similarly but in real .

You are replying to a discussion that is from 2009. This thread contains two different VIs by two different contributors and you don't say which one you are referring to.

Your post does not make a lot of sense. Where did you put the timer? Where is the LED? What is "real"?

Message 12 of 33
(2,521 Views)

Thanks for pointing out. I am really sorry. I missed to see the date. I tried to understand both and  got idea to develop the attached timer VI having play, pause, refrech and stop buttons. Any suggestions/comments to improve it more would highly be appreciated. 

Message 13 of 33
(2,476 Views)

Unnecessarily overcomplicated. You do not need an Event loop to get this functionality...

For such task you should use a Functional Global Variable as a subVI. Use Event loop for your GUI, not fur such a simple task.

See the attached simple example.

Download All
Message 14 of 33
(2,461 Views)
Sorry, i just did not read through the first part. For such task, I would use a producer/consumer with events + the timer subVI.
Message 15 of 33
(2,443 Views)

Can anyone tell me whats wrong in my VI? I ve done what you guys told to do. I added the theng that I want to run in the timeoutcase and it is not running properly. The buttons are not working well and it does not respond.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(1,882 Views)

We cannot tell because you didn't attach the VI for us to look at.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(1,872 Views)

@lcf2014 wrote:

Can anyone tell me whats wrong in my VI? I ve done what you guys told to do. I added the theng that I want to run in the timeoutcase and it is not running properly. The buttons are not working well and it does not respond.

If you do not attach your VI, how can you expect any help??

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(1,871 Views)

http://www.4shared.com/rar/mOExKPXNba/Verso_30_-_Cpia.html

You can download in the link above. I don't know why I could not attach it. The main Vi is Versao3.vi

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(1,868 Views)

I would not download from such site a file...

Try to attach the VI using Chrome or Internet Explorer. There is a known bug with Firefox...

EDIT: When I had problem attaching a VI from Firefox, this fixed it:

"1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit enter.
2. Find the preference browser.download.pluginOverrideTypes and, if it is present, right-click on it and select reset.
3. Find the preference plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types and, if it is present, right-click on it and select reset."

From here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/Problems-uploading-a-ZIP-file/m-p/3241156/h...

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(1,864 Views)