LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Make a New Excel Tab After Every Loop Using a Write to Measurement File Function

I am new labview (I didn't write this code. but acquired it from a colleague). I have data I am collecting from a manometer. I am taking the readings in steps, moving parts with a linear actuator then taking readings again. At each step I am collecting data and taking a running average. For each step I want the data to be put in a separate tap so I can differentiate from each step and have the data processing to be easier. Thank you for the help.

I have attached a screenshot of my code below. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,746 Views)

Oh, drat -- I clicked on your Picture, but no LabVIEW opened, I couldn't see the other Case Statements, I couldn't scroll and see the code not included in the Picture, I couldn't look at the VI Properties and see what version of LabVIEW you were using.  It's like me sending you 50 lines from the middle of a C++ program and saying "How do I make my program do such-and-so?" -- not particularly helpful!

You start out fine, using DAQmx functions and avoiding the Dreaded DAQ Assistant.  But you then start using the DDA's Evil Twin, the Dynamic Data Wire and another Express VI, Write to Measurement File.  Writing to Excel and manipulating it to, for example, put data on different pages (creating them as needed) is relatively simple if you have and know how to use the Report Generation Toolkit.  There are numerous examples included with LabVIEW and one I especially like here on this Forum (search for "Revised Example").

If you have further troubles, you will get much faster and more appropriate advice if you attach your VI(s).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,728 Views)

Attached is the VI. Sorry, for the lack of information, I am new to this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,716 Views)

Curious -- your Title talks about "Excel Tab", but there is no mention of Excel (nor the Report Generation Toolkit, which is how I "do Excel" using LabVIEW) in the code.  Sorry I can't help you here ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,679 Views)