From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Make Visual Basic ActiveX dll built on .NET 2.0 compatible with LavVIEW 2012 Developer on Win7

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning.  I'm using LabView 2012 Developer Suite on Win7.  I need to interface with a Visual Basic ActiveX dll built on .NET 2.0 framework.  I'm using ActiveX functions in LabVIEW.  No problems there.  When I run the application, I get the error:

Error -2147467259 occurred at Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified in FibLAST_GetOpID.vi:1->Main.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x80004005) Unspecified error.

=========================

NI System Configuration:  (Hex 0x80004005) Miscellaneous operation failure.

I can get this to work with VB in VS2010 by modifying the Target framework of the project to ".NET Framework 2.0".  I have no idea on how to do this in LabVIEW.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Additional info:  The ActiveX dll runs stored procedures on a Sequel database.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,832 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jpshaw

Hm, you are confusing things here. The interface to the DLL is either ActiveX (DLL with ActiveX interface compiled into it) or it is .NET (DLL is called "Assembly" then). It cannot be both the same time.

That being said, if you are really using ActiveX, the .NET version should not change anything, regardless if it is 2.0, 3.0 or whatever. To be more precise: The version of the Common Language Runtime (CLR) is important.

See this KB for more information about CLR versions and LV.

That being said, pls provide source code next time if the problem persists.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,813 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  As it turns out, I was using the wrong version of the dll.  Both dll's had the same file properties (date modified, version number, etc.), but one worked and one didn't.  It did pull in as an ActiveX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,741 Views)