LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Install old Versions of Labview / Toolkits

Solved!
Go to solution

i have several Versions of LabVIEW installed and i want to Install "LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit 2015"

I usually install with NI-Paketmanger but it only schows versions back to 2019

and if i try to install from LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit-Download - NI it wants some SSP Licence but my Labview online Account is not linked to my company Volume Licence ...

i know who ever bought the Volume Licence may help me with that but i would apriciate a solution today and i wont reach anyone at company this late : /

Is there an easy Way to Downlaod "LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit 2015" or can i somehow find out what Licence i have to connect it with my online account ?

NI-Lizensmanager only shows the green licence but no code i could copy : /

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,342 Views)
Solution
Accepted by PaulPascher2

You have run into an interesting dilemma.  Prior to NIPM (LabVIEW 2017), my experience in installing LabVIEW was that it had to be installed "Oldest Version First".  So if you had LabVIEW 2016 installed, and wanted to install something from LabVIEW 2015, you couldn't install the older software, as the installer would insist "a more recent version is already installed".  Solution -- remove all National Instruments Software, then reinstall in "oldest first" order.)).

With NIPM, NI made a Paradigm Shift.  Now, you can install older versions, but only for a limited number of Versions (I think it might be 5 -- if so, since this is 2021, you can install only back to 2016).

So if you want to install anything from LabVIEW 2015, here are the steps you (probably) will need to take:

1. Gather Installation media for the versions of LabVIEW you want to install.  LabVIEW 2015 (if I recall properly) was distributed on a USB Flash Drive, but there may also be a downloadable set of files.
  2. Uninstall all National Instruments Software.  Note that with NIPM, there is only one (documented in several places) way to do this.  Do not try to "forcibly" remove LabVIEW -- you will render your PC unable to reinstall LabVIEW without reinstalling Windows first]
  3. Start installing, oldest version first.  I recommend installing just LabVIEW (32-bit), rebooting, install Modules and Toolkits (only a few at a time), reboot, then install DAQmx and Drivers.  Reboot.
  4. Repeat for the next-oldest Version, until you get up to Version 2016.  
  5. Stop!  Trying to install LabVIEW 2017 "on top" of this stack will require NIPM, and is likely to fail (based on about a dozen attempts of mine).

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 4
(2,295 Views)

I would even us a virtual machine for each version of LabVIEW, which you can archieve it afterwards. So if you need it later, you can use the VM even on another PC.

Message 3 of 4
(2,286 Views)

for the moment i only uninstalled the new versions of some new toolkits/ and drives so i get my LV 2015 to run for one specific Project. I hope i do not need LV 15 to often and if i will go with the attempt to install it in seperat VMs ...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,274 Views)