LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Import Custom Scale using Field Piont I/O

I need to READ   a 0 to 100 Newton strain gauge on graph chart. 

It is a full bridge with an excitation Voltage of 10V.   The field point Input module FP-SG-140 is configured for a range of -3.9... to +3.9 mV/V

I know how to create a custom scale using DAQ assist but the option does not appear using Field Point.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,731 Views)
Hello belangem,

Have you considered using the Scaling and Mapping Express VI or programming your own scaling algorithm in LabVIEW to manually convert the strain readings to force?  The Scaling and Mapping Express VI allows you to apply similar types of scales to the DAQ Assistant, such as linear, logarithmic, interpolated from a table of points, etc.

If you really need the Fieldpoint driver to perform the scaling for you, some Fieldpoint modules support scaling.  You can configure a scale on a channel in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) by going to your Fieldpoint Items under Data Neighborhood, selecting a channel in your module, and click on the Scaling tab on the bottom of the screen.  Unfortunately, I don't have a FP-SG-140 module around to try out, but I know the scaling feature is available for my FP-AI-110.  I'm using Fieldpoint 5.0 with MAX 4.0.

I hope this helps,

Travis G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

Message Edited by Travis G. on 06-22-2006 10:21 PM

Message 2 of 3
(2,721 Views)
Thanks It worked great along with a calibration chart.   The reason this did not work before is that i did not have the full version of Lab view.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,711 Views)