From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Generate IQ complex waveform from a given sine waveform

Hello

I would like to generate the IQ waveform from a sine waveform.

from the graph below

niRFSG Write Arb Waveform (CWDT)

I have read all the materials but i don't seem to be able to convert the sine waveform to IQ waveform to be written to the RFSG.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Best RegardsSmiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,420 Views)

Your image did not show up.  Use the little tree icon in the bar immediately above the text body ox when you post.  That icon allows you to insert an image directly into to message you post.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,409 Views)

Hello

I will post the picture in 2 hours but if it helps it tis the niRFSG write waveform module.

I can briefly explain;

I have to write a sine waveform using the niRFSG write  module. I will need to transform the sine into a IQ complex data for this purpose. is this possible?

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,401 Views)

It should be possible if you are using NI hardware. Look in the example finder of LabVIEW and search for IQ. You should find and example called "RFSG Arbitrary Waveform Generator.vi". This should give you a good start.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,396 Views)

Hello winnniewanda,

you may take a look to this other DF:

How to convert waveform data to IQ data?

Please read the answer from the engineer fron NI UK, I believe this will give an idea about the math to perform the conversion between waveforms.

Warm regards

Mart G.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,393 Views)

thank you again for the quick response.

I looked at the example, but it seems both the I and the Q are the same. are they suppose to be the same?

thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,384 Views)

Here is the picture of the module that I would like to use

Thanks again for all your inputs

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,377 Views)