LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Define Limit to Numeric Control

Dear all,

I am controlling a motor which is pressing to load cell. I am controlling the motor position with a numeric controller in the front panel, the question is when i  accidently enter a large value(undesired motor's new motor position), than it could damage the load cell.

In this case : Can we arrange a numeric control in the front panel so that it can accept numbers only between "0" and "10".

Also : Is it also possible to arrange this from block diagram with wiring reference element as maksimum limit to the numeric control ?

Kind Regards,

Best Wishes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,876 Views)

Dont know of any specifc way to to this, could use a slide bar instead, and make to top limit the highest number you wish to go to. Or you could program in a safe gaurd using a case statement. "If the number entered is grater than a value allowed", write the highest value allowed,( you could add a boolean light to indicate that this has happend also) else, write the number entered.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6
(4,868 Views)

Right click on your numerical control, go to properties, click the 'Data Entry' tab. Un-tick 'Use Default Limits'.

You can now set Minimum, maximum, Increment etc.

This can be done with a property node too if you want to change the values programatically.

Message 3 of 6
(4,867 Views)

Thanx guys, both ways are helpful. I will try it on weekend.

Kind Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,854 Views)

Phil_

Following setting the "Maximum Limit" for the desired value, is it possible to programatically save this "Maximum Limit" as the default "Maximum Limit" for that numerical control? I mean, even closing the VI and opening again the "Maximum Limit" will be the one that was set programatically before.

Thanks.

Dan07.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,802 Views)

As long as you've saved the VI after setting the new limits either manually or programatically, the new limits will be there when you reopen the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,800 Views)