LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Convert Cluster of 21 into cluster of 7?

Solved!
Go to solution

Im pretty new to labview.. I need to use the 'CD parametric Time Response' for calculating the Settling time from the 'Time Response Parametric Data' available.

My input data is dynamic(From DAQ)... 

For 'CD parametric Time Response'... I require an input Space State Model...Which i was able to generate using the 'Estimate State-Space Model' but output of this space model and the input 'CD parametric Time Response' is different and hence the wires do not connect 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,836 Views)

I don't have the control toolkit so I'm not familiar with that VI but have you tried selecting a different Subspace SISO Datatype?  I can't change it but I can see that it's now selecting WDT which is Waveform Data Type.  Is there a selection for Dynamic Data Type (DDT)?  If not you'll have to convert it from DDT to WDT (Express > Sig Manip > From DDT).  You may have lost timing information critical to your needs with the DDT though.  In that case you'll have to open the DAQ Assistant and let it generate... well, REAL labVIEW code. Smiley Tongue

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,829 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anshulkashyap-UIET

In these kinds of situations you need to unbundle the source cluster, and then bundle the elements you need into a new cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,821 Views)

I don't ahve your toolkits, so I can only guess... 

Well, you have a cluster with 21 elements and want a smaller cluster. Are all 7 elements you want contained among the 21?

1. Create a diagram constant from the 7 element input. (right-click terminal...create constant...disconnect the wire)
  2. use unbudle by name from the original 21 element cluster and select the seven elements you want
  3. place a "bundle by name" and wire the diagram constant from step (1) to the center top, now expand to see 7 inputs.
  4. Wire the seven desired elements from step (2) across to the the corresponding terminals from step (3).
  5. Wire the output of "bundle by name" to the desired terminal 

Message 4 of 7
(2,817 Views)

Thanx for helping, but i managed to do something about that, but got stuck again... I am not able to convert my Transfer Function (2-d array) to a numerator and denominator(1 d array) to be able to use it for generating a tranfer function model...

Kindly check the files.. I have saved them for Labview 8.0... there is also a png...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,799 Views)

You have an ARRAY of CLUSTERS with each cluster containing two arrays.  You need to index and then unbundle again to get at your 1D arrays.  see attached.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 6 of 7
(2,775 Views)

I also hope my first post didn't confuse you.  You have coercion dots at the input to some of your CD functions and I was afraid that the dynamic datatype was providing insufficient information for it and it was returning faulty data.  Again, I don't have that toolkit so I don't know much about it and could be wrong.  It certainly looks like everything is working for you.  You'll know for sure if you get the results you expect.

Message 7 of 7
(2,770 Views)