LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Build All for LabVIEW RT Project with multiple FPGA routines

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm working on a medium/large Project running in a LabVIEW RT Project, where the Target is a RIO with an FPGA.  I have multiple FPGA routines (to test individual pieces, to work with specific RT-Target Stand-alone Tests, to work with other Target routines that work with test Host routines, etc.).  I'm familiar with the ability to "Build All" for LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT that allow you to queue up multiple Build Specs to be run during lunch or overnight, and for LabVIEW VIs that allow you to write a "Build Selected" routines programmatically.

What I'd like to do is to do the same thing for the various FPGA routines in my Project.  Thanks to the availability of the Compile Farm, I can spend 3-5 minutes while everything is uploaded to the cloud, then I'll have my machine back and can let all the compilations take place without interruption.  But I don't see any tools to allow me to do this.

Am I missing something?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,265 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bob_Schor

If you have more than one FPGA build specification, you can select more than one, right-click, and select Build.  All of build specifications will kick off.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,259 Views)

Thanks, Terry!  So simple, and it just didn't occur to me ...  I think I may be working too hard, down here in my basement every day (my Home Office used to be our Dining Room table, but our Thanksgiving Dinner (for two) took precedent, so I moved to the basement, really not too bad ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,217 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Thanks, Terry!  So simple, and it just didn't occur to me ...  I think I may be working too hard, down here in my basement every day (my Home Office used to be our Dining Room table, but our Thanksgiving Dinner (for two) took precedent, so I moved to the basement, really not too bad ...).

Bob Schor

A green commute!  It looks like Terry beat me to the rest.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,214 Views)

Hello,

@Terry_ALE : regarding you hint... is possible join multiple FPGA targets in one Build file? - one click, build and run all.

And more challenging, is possible to build and run PC, RT files, and two FPGA targets by one click?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(932 Views)

I don't think it is possible out of the box.

I believe that automation scripts could though.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(924 Views)