From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Append An Image to Excel using Office Express Vi.

Hi Respected Member

Hope Every one is in their best of health.

As the Question states, i am generating a report in excel format using Microsoft office express vi , and i want to add an image to the generated report. 

please advise action or code to perform!

thanks

ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,127 Views)

Hello,

Have you tried "Append Image to Report VI" in report generation palette?

Expand.Evolve.Influence
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,104 Views)

Almost all Express VIs are "introductions to some of the functionality of LabVIEW".  The idea is that once you see how to do simple things, you will be willing to put some effort into learning LabVIEW and be able to tackle more complex tasks (such as appending an Image in Excel using the full functionality of the Report Generation Toolkit, as found on the Report Generation Palette).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,099 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Almost all Express VIs are "introductions to some of the functionality of LabVIEW".

The idea is that once you see how to do simple things, you will be willing to put some effort into learning LabVIEW and be able to tackle more complex tasks (such as appending an Image in Excel using the full functionality of the Report Generation Toolkit, as found on the Report Generation Palette).

Bob Schor

No Doubt Sire!!!
I have Posted in the community for the said purpose!
I am not a software developer. i am a civil engineer who requires some basics of the LV, I hope u can help me with this complex task of appending the image....
Hoping for a positive response from the GURUS OF LV!!!! 
Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,088 Views)

Try doing a Web search for "LabVIEW Report Generation Excel".  You should find a Tutorial on the RGT from 2009, a YouTube Video from 2015, and a "Revised Generate Excel Report" from 2014 (this latter post can also be found on this Forum).  Be sure that you do not use the two Express VIs.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,082 Views)